Saturday, August 15, 2009

ClickandPay.com / NetObjects - which is worse?

Well, back in July I decided to purchase some software from NetObjects. They were in discounting form and I had money - never a good combination. The last time I bought from them - 2008 - I simply did a Bank Transfer from me to them with no problems - invoice was emailed to me, and despite not great communication otherwise ( none in fact ) the product arrived within a few weeks. As it came from Germany I was a little bit peeved ( the Germans are pretty fast ) but a few weeks was okay. Just about.

It's a slightly different story this time. On the 27th. of July I went on their site to make my purchase. When it came to 'Checkout' time there was no sign of 'Bank Transfer' ( which is still advertised on their site ) but rather 'ClickandBuy'. I had no choice but to opt for it. Unbecknownst to me, I was signing up for a whole different service ( more about 'service' later ) which had nothing to do with NetObjects. To make matters worse, clickandbuy are moneygrabbing bastards by all accounts. Thanks NetObjects.

Following a long process of looking at blank 'help' pages on ClickandBuy.com, I finally managed to discover that my payment is just sitting there, doing nothing. I then went on Google to check out 'ClickandBuy'. By all accounts it's a "service" ( London - based ) which lies somewhere between a virus and a 419 scam.

I'm thoroughly disgusted at NetObjects for seeing their customers as a cynical opportunity, and more than disgusted that 'ClickandBuy' have my account details thanks to NetObjects. So much for trust. Take a look at the links below and decide if these are the sort of shisters who you'd be happy giving your details to! Oh, and I've gone completely off NetObjects too. I no longer want anything to do with a company that dupes customers like that: a half - decent company should not take advantage of customers.

I've demanded a full refund and will be in touch with my Bank about ClickandBuy.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/ClickandBuy/Internet-Services/ClickandBuy-clickandbuy-scam-7C4PM.htm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081113045549AAvAN3G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers