Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Adverts.ie - I'd buy something if I could

I've been looking out for a Blackberry Storm for quite some time now ... or at least since Vodafone released it last year with a 12 month contract and €109 price ( it's free in the U.K. / better contract terms ) Needless to say, at the time I wasn't interested under these 'terms'. Vodafone do what they like, and the 'Telecommunications' "watchdog" in Ireland has nothing to do with phone charges!

I was perusing Adverts.ie when I came across a nice example at a reasonable price. Tried to log in to Adverts.ie and discovered that I could not. I then entered the details of another account ( set up in frustration some time ago as a test, resulting from the same 'You do not have permission' error ) but again, no go.

On this second attempt I was redirected to sister site 'Boards.ie' where - guess what - I was told that I did "not have permission" to post a reply to the advertisement. For the third time in a week, I gave up. I like Boards.ie / Adverts.ie but they are not much use if users can not log in. Is it me? - well, I don't think so. I log on to at least 6 forums and never have a problem with 'enabling cookies' or anything else - it just logs me in instead of hopping from site to site with the same error message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers