Saturday, January 3, 2009

Not so Cuil at all ...

I remembered listening to the radio one morning many months ago ... semi - conscious. I heard something that woke me up in hurry though: Cuil had apparently got more hits than Google! As they say, 'wtf?'!

I can only assume that this referenced the novelty factor, and I can also only assume that this lasted for about 90 seconds. Feeling adventurous as I have lately ( what with trying Google chrome and all that ) I decided to give Cuil, as we say in Ireland, " a lash " ( em, try it out ).

Such rubbish! My own website showed up as "account suspended"! Okay, there was a billing error and my site - www.deadpc.net - was offline for all of 6 days. That was about two months ago. Google returned the same result - up until about 7 weeks ago. Cuil has still not twigged that it is back!

My knowledge of Cuil is patchy, but it seems that they are ramping up the 'massive database' aspect of the thing. Well, the bottom line is that it doesn't work. According to Cuil, or at least during the short while I spent on it - I don't exist. That's funny, because Google returns about 20 results, the first one being a lesbo feminist giving out about me.

I like the excitement of something new and quirky, but I don't like the excitement of stuff that is new and quirky and doesn't work. What a flop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers