Friday, December 26, 2008

The future is Chrome?

I finally gave in to temptation and downloaded the Google Chrome browser a few days ago. So far ... hmm ... so good. The one thing I really like about Chrome is the interface: a bit like 'Facebook' meets 'Firefox', or something like that. What amazes me most is that Microsoft never thought of it!

Think Windows XP, and the way it stacks recently used programs in order of use. Chrome does the same thing, except with a preview of each homepage. These previews dominate the screen.

How clever, and how "right under the noses" of Microsoft! As a V.1 Chrome is excellent, though the only glitch I did find was that the 'back' button was a bit slow, needing a second click. For a first attempt though it's awesome: the cleanest interface I've ever seen. Onward and upward for Google I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers